Asphalt shingles have been a roofing staple for decades in the U.S., but in recent years there has been a shift toward more sustainable and long-lasting roofing materials. Metal roofing in Austin has emerged as an alternative that offers plenty of benefits to homeowners, and might be the right choice for your next roof replacement or installation.
Reasons to Choose Metal Roofing
A metal roof in Austin can offer you several advantages over traditional asphalt shingles or other roofing materials, including:
- Durability – metal roofing in Austin is designed to last for 50 years or more, which is at least twice as long as you can expect asphalt shingles to last (and perhaps as much as three to four times as long).
- Beauty – a metal roof can be designed with a variety of textures, styles, and colors, and is no longer reserved exclusively for industrial buildings.
- Safety – metal roofing in Austin is more resistant to wind, rain, hail, fire, and other potential damages that can be harmful to the part of your home that is most exposed.
- Energy Efficiency – it might seem like metal would be hot, but with plenty of choices for light colored roofing and “cool” coatings, metal can actually reflect more sunlight and reduce the amount of heat transferred into your attic, and by extension into your home. That will save plenty of money on cooling costs during the hot Texas summers.
- Sustainability – steel is one of the most recyclable materials in the world, and about 80 percent of all steel in use today is made from recycled materials. When you’re finished with a metal roofing, it can be recycled again and reused, which benefits the environment. Additionally since your metal roofing will last for several decades to come, you won’t need to replace your roof for a long time and that reduces the amount of landfill waste you create by not disposing of old roofing materials as often.
How to Get a Metal Roof
If you are ready to make the switch to metal roofing, contact an Austin roofing company today to get a quote and get started with your roof replacement. You will get an earth-friendly, energy efficient, beautiful roof that will probably be the last roof you ever install on your home.