Seamless gutters are the solution to common problems inherent to traditional sectional gutters. In this blog, local gutter and roofing contractor Mascon, Inc. shares the advantages of choosing seamless gutters.
1. Custom Fit — Seamless gutters crafted on-site to fit precisely along your roof. In addition to creating a clean and aesthetically appealing look, the installation process prevents common mistakes like choosing the wrong gutter size or profile.
2. Less Clogs — Gutter joints and seams can trap dirt and debris over time, causing clogs. Twigs and pine needles are small enough to get stuck in the gutter joints and catch other detritus, causing water to back up in the gutter and spill onto the roofing system. Seamless gutters are less vulnerable to these problems because they don’t have joints.
3. Low Maintenance — Gutter leaks usually occur at the seams due to worn down caulk and fasteners. The fewer the seams, the less maintenance your gutters will need. The only breaks seamless gutter systems are the joints located at roof ends, which means maintenance inspections will be quick and easy. Choosing seamless gutters made with corrosion-resistant materials like copper or aluminum and installing a gutter protection system can virtually eliminate the need for gutter maintenance.
4. Less Corrosion — Seamless gutters, even the standard ones made with galvanized steel, are far less likely to corrode. They feature a special factory coating that’s flexible and durable enough to withstand the shaping process, expansion and contraction from temperature changes, and daily wear and tear. It provides superior protection against corrosion, which helps keep the gutters in great shape longer.
5. Longer Service Life — All these features ultimately contribute to gutters with a long and hassle-free service life. The upfront cost may be higher than sectional gutters, but the savings from the longer service life, less frequent maintenance requirements, and reduced risk of requiring repairs will more than make up for it in the long run.